Facilitates individual choice regarding services and supports and who provides them:
Individual Choice – All Settings
- Do individuals have the option to make requests for an alternate staff member to assist them?
- Are requests for an alternative staff member honored when the setting can accommodate due to staffing constraints?
- Can individuals freely make requests for changes in the way their services and supports are delivered?
1. Rules are basic rights afforded to all members
2. Its not just about the location of where the services are
provided, but its about the individual’s experience and
3. Rights may be limited, on a case-by-case basis, if they
jeopardize the health and safety of the member and/or
- Must be documented in the service plan
- Strategies developed and monitored to restore rights
For more information visit Medicaid.gov
Visit the AHCCCS Home and Community Based Settings Rules webpage
To see the AHCCCS Home and Community Based Services provider training click Here