Optimizes , but does not regiment, individual initiative, autonomy and independence in making life choices including but not limited to, daily activities, physical environment, and with whom to interact:
Autonomy and Accessibility – All Settings
- Do individuals get to make informed decisions about what they want to do every day, including scheduling changes?
- Is the setting accessible for people to safely and freely move around the home including entering and exiting the setting?
1. Rules are basic rights afforded to all members
2. Its not just about the location of where the services are
provided, but its about the individual’s experience and
3. Rights may be limited, on a case-by-case basis, if they
jeopardize the health and safety of the member and/or
- Must be documented in the service plan
- Strategies developed and monitored to restore rights
For more information visit Medicaid.gov
Visit the AHCCCS Home and Community Based Settings Rules webpage
To see the AHCCCS Home and Community Based Services provider training click Here