Ensures individual rights of privacy, dignity and respect, and freedom from coercion and restraint:
Privacy, Dignity and Respect – All Settings
- Do individuals receive personal care assistance in private?
- Do individuals receive information about their rights in plain language?
- Do individuals know who to contact if they have concerns or complaints?
- Do individuals have protection against restrictive measures, including isolation and chemical/pharmacological and physical restraints?
1. Rules are basic rights afforded to all members
2. Its not just about the location of where the services are
provided, but its about the individual’s experience and
3. Rights may be limited, on a case-by-case basis, if they
jeopardize the health and safety of the member and/or
- Must be documented in the service plan
- Strategies developed and monitored to restore rights
For more information visit Medicaid.gov
Visit the AHCCCS Home and Community Based Settings Rules webpage
To see the AHCCCS Home and Community Based Services provider training click Here